The Adventures of Captain Karat

Someday I'm going to be a rapper.

Monday, February 14, 2005

I have a new pet

I have a blister on my thumb. It is about the size of half a kidney bean. I got it from playing the bass guitar during an impromptu jam session with Tronics and Cobra Commander (from now on referred to as CC). I ain't no musician, so I'm proud of this one. I'm not going to pop it. It is really quite beautiful.

I'm going to let it get as big as it wants, and then listen to its hopes and dreams.

I love you blister.

Additional note:

After the jam session, CC and I headed to Titus Blues down in Petaling Street to check out his cousin's band, Deja Voodoo.

Wah. These bastards can really rock. Rithan on lead guitar and vocals, Mel on bass, and Inol on drums. They don't sound like a bunch of kutus who can really rock, they sound like a bunch of musicians who can really rock.

They played an excellent cover of Hendrix's "Lil' Wings". There are a lot of other talented musicians in this country, but Deja Voodoo had control. They were going quite crazy during their respective solos during their 5 song set, but they were in control of it every second of the way. I think they are going to be really big. If not in KL, then somewhere else where boybands don't control the airwaves.

Check out their 1st single, "I am what I am" at www.musiccanteen.com. It's only RM3 to download it. Do your part and Pastikan Ori!

1 Comments:

Blogger meeralee said...

I just thought I'd comment on this entry because it seemed lonely.

I'm so glad for this night you had, my dear. Keep me posted on the things that make you happy... and on the Birks. I'm also in suspense.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home