The Adventures of Captain Karat

Someday I'm going to be a rapper.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Flirting is Funny

I've recently had the pleasure/irritation of buying stock footage for a TVC that my company recently finished. The irritation is the actual process of going through the footage, getting the director to choose one, quoting, and then actually paying for it. Basically the whole process. The pleasure has been Anna.

Anna laughs at everything I say. She giggles when I ask her about her weekend. I don't help the situation because everytime I speak to her I like to use my suave, fancy England in my sexy, deep voice... which is very sexy and suave. I am very attractive when you don't actually have to look at me.

So Anna and me have been flirting, doing the half business half social thing. She sends me through the loopholes to find her on Friendster, which I do, and she turns out to be a cute Chinese girl. Just my type. We back and forth and forth and back and finally I decide to ask her out for coffee (just in case she's terribly boring or it goes REALLY badly. One coffee later I can get the hell out of dodge. Daytime is also neutral and Coffee Bean is either the Maker of Dreams or the Preserver of Boring Status Quo).

I ask her for coffee and she giggles, and then we have the following conversation.

Me: So how about this weekend? I'm actually not busy, for once.

AN: Finally! This weekend is ok for me too... normally I spend it with my fiance but he's golfing this weekend. It has to be on Saturday evening though, coz I'll be in KL trying on wedding dresses and then I'll be free.

Me: *single silent cough*

Crashing and burning? I've made it an art.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

bet she heard the crashing sound.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Captain Karat said...

The important thing is to stand up and crash again...

1:30 PM  
Blogger K@MO said...

Happens to the best of us.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question is, did you become a MAN and decided NOT go for coffee with her? Or were you made a substitute yet again?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh...when true is too good to be.

8:35 AM  
Blogger meeralee said...

Aiyoh.

By the way, you DO have a very sexy voice. Eh, maybe you have a future as a movie preview announcer! There are like, only four of them in all of Hollywood and I bet one of them will die soon.

Plus you can still live in K.L. How?

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! To be cruelly honest, though... the part about fiancee and wedding dresses seems a little too convenient...

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home